More than a decade’s worth of user experience, web design, and video production with Canada’s largest media companies.
December 2006 – Present Info-Tech Research Group
August 2011-Present - Manager, New Initiatives
August 2010 – August 2011 – Architect, External Applications
December 2009 – August 2010 Executive Producer – Info-Tech.com
March 2007 – December 2009 – IT Manager (External Applications)
December 2006 – March 2007 – Senior Software Developer
- Rebuilt InfoTech.com using XHTML, CSS 2.0 and Ruby on Rails technologies
- Planned and launched multiple projects with multiple resources with competing timelines
- Introduced html prototyping to quickly work through feasibility and to shorten development cycles
- Guided Info-Tech in the importance of user interface design
- Identified a need and created a role in the company for an “Executive Producer” to oversee and be accountable for the production of content on the website
- Create video recording, editing, and uploading processes
- Introduced Social Media tools as promotional vehicles
- Aid in the creation of templates to standardize storyboard layout
- Streamlined many processes including the current solution set production process
- Built and managed a team of 9 developers of varying skill and seniority levels
April 2005 – June 2011 All New Comics Inc.
President/Owner, All New Comics
- Created and executed on a marketing strategy to build All New Comics as Canada’s premiere Online Comics Store
- Planned and built e-commerce shopping cart.
- Managed projects to build out subscription and tax modifications to system
- Maintained and managed servers, databases, email, and domain details
- Negotiated contracts with suppliers and vendors for all technical portions of the business
June 2001 – December 2006 CTV Inc.
Production Manager, TSN.ca
- Rebuilt TSN.ca using XHTML, CSS 2.0 and .NET technologies
- Planned and launched TSNMAX, a subscription service, part of Bell’s convergent strategies
- Created spec documents for developers for new products based off of user input
- Co-ordinated multiple projects involving multiple developers and producers in multiple locations with both internal and external resources
- Built and managed a team of 5 people
April 2003 – August 2004 Centennial College
Instructor, E-Commerce 101
- Instructed students on best practices for e-commerce
- Advised students on year-end practical projects with clients
January 2001 – June 2001 Alliance Atlantis Communications
Senior Web Developer
- Redesigned websites of major broadcast properties including Showcase, HGTV, Life, and History networks
- Produced and developed websites for TV and movie properties
- Created processes to facilitate rapid turnaround of web projects
January 2000 – January 2001 Activate Canada
- Assisted in build of IIS development environment
- Produced and developed Flash animations
- Created mini-sites mirroring client sites
January 1997 – January 2000 The Sports network
Online Sports Producer
- Reported on sports events including the Grey Cup, World Junior Hockey Championships, and Olympic games
- Created original graphics and animations as well as audio and video presentations specific to the internet
- Suggested and created new areas of the site, which increased, traffic significantly.
- Coordinated scheduling of shifts for the department
1994 – 1996 Seneca College Toronto ON
- Diploma in Radio and Television Production
- Graduated with High Honours
Skills and abilities
In addition to a proven track record in building and managing teams, I have the ability to both gather technical requirements from stakeholders, and guide technical people towards the right solution for the stakeholder, managing both groups’ expectations along the way.
I am also a very hands-on designer/developer of websites. My experience with where the internet has been, as well as my ability to visualize where it’s going are two tools which have proven as invaluable as my ability with any software package.